(formerly known as Pocket Pistol)
Revolvers - Any revolver chambered to fire center-fire cartridges .32 caliber or larger. Barrel length not to exceed 2.75 inches. Porting and compensators allowed.
Pistols: Center-fire semi-automatic pistols of .32 caliber or larger. Pistols, in the condition as they are to be shot, with magazine inserted but not loaded, to fit into a box with size 180x140x40mm. A 5mm tolerance in any one direction only will be allowed. Porting and compensators allowed.
2. Sights: Any open metal sights from any manufacturer, in any colour. Rear sights may be fixed or adjustable and fixed open front sights may not extend beyond the front of the barrel of the revolver or the slide or the pistol. Orthoptics, hooded or telescope sights are not allowed.
3. Grips: Orthopedic and target type as well as weighted grips are not allowed. Grips may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitorís hands or to facilitate loading. Finger groove and slip on grips are allowed. Thumb rest grips/stocks, tape on the grip or any substance (except sweat preventers) which results in a sticky surface to the grip or hand, are not allowed.
Revolvers - If the revolver has single-action capability the single action trigger pull must not be less than 2.5 lbs. (1 135 g). A trigger stop is allowed.
Pistols - Trigger pull must not be less than 3 lbs (1 360 g) single action or those of double action capability only. A trigger stop is allowed.
5. Position: Standing, both hands may be used to hold or steady the firearm.
6. Ready position: Pistol held at 45 degrees, pointing at ground while targets are not facing. Firearm will be loaded, with a round in the chamber and hammer may be cocked.
7. Targets: HGW6 Sport Shooting PP1 Full, one per competitor.
8. Ammunition: 30 rounds of hand or factory loaded ammunition, to be supplied by the competitor.
9. Course of Fire:
Practice 1 15M 10 shots in 100 seconds (to include reloading of 5 rounds).
Practice 2 10M 10 shots in two strings of 5. The target will make 5 appearances of 2 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds. One shot to be fired at each appearance. Ready position between target exposures is 45 degrees or more below the line of sight.
Practice 3 7M The target will make 3 appearances of 2 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds. Five shots to be fired, not more than 2 shots per appearance i.e. (2.2.1) (2.1.2) (1.2.2). This detail to be shot twice. Ready position between target exposures is 45 degrees or more below the line of sight.
10. Malfunctions: Other than defective targets, target mechanisms, range failures or range malfunctions, there are no allowances for malfunctions and no competitor will be allowed to re-fire because of a disabled pistol, a defective cartridge or any shooter or firearm related malfunction.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.