Service Pistol A
1. Firearms: Factory manufactured (catalogue item) center-fire semi-automatic 9 mm Parabellum self-loading pistols only. No porting or compensators allowed. Barrel length not to exceed 6 inches (153 mm) and any replacement barrels may not be longer than the original factory barrel.
2. Sights: Any open metal sights from any manufacturer, in any colour. Rear sights may be fixed or adjustable and fixed open front sights may not extend beyond the front of the slide. Orthoptics, hooded or telescope sights are not allowed.
3. Grips: Orthopedic and target type as well as weighted grips are not allowed. Grips may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitor’s hands or to facilitate loading. Finger groove and slip on grips are allowed. Thumb rest grips/stocks, tape on the grip or any substance (except sweat preventers) which results in a sticky surface to the grip or hand, are not allowed.
4. Trigger: Trigger pull must not be less than 3 lbs (1 360 g) single action or those of double action capability only.
5. Position: Standing, both hands may be used to hold or steady the firearm.
6. Ready position: Pistol held at waist height parallel to the ground, pointing to the targets. Firearm will be loaded, with a round in the chamber and hammer may be cocked.
7. Targets: HGW Sport Shooting Service Pistol B Full, 2 per Competitor.
8. Ammunition: 24 rounds of hand or factory loaded ammunition, to be supplied by the competitor.
9. Course of Fire:
Practice 1 25M 6 shots on the left target in 15 seconds.
Practice 2 20M 6 shots, 3 on each target in 10 seconds.
Practice 3 15M 6 shots on the right target. The target will make 3 appearances of 3 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds. 2 shots to be fired at each appearance. The pistol must be returned to the “ready” position between target exposures.
Practice 4 10M 6 shots, 3 on each target in 6 seconds.
10. Malfunctions: Other than defective targets, target mechanisms, range failures or range malfunctions, there are no allowances for malfunctions and no competitor will be allowed to re-fire because of a disabled pistol, a defective cartridge or any shooter or firearm related malfunction.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.