Service Pistol Optical
Revolvers - A revolver chambered to fire center-fire cartridges .354 caliber or larger. There are no restrictions on the barrel.
Pistols - Center-fire semi-automatic pistols of .354 caliber or larger. There are no restrictions on the barrel.
2. Sights: No restrictions other than possibly the national firearm laws. Optical or electronic, fixed or adjustable. Front sight may not extend beyond the muzzle.
3. Grips: Orthopedic and target type as well as weighted grips are not allowed. Grips may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitor’s hands or to facilitate loading. Finger groove and slip on grips are allowed. Thumb rest grips/stocks, tape on the grip or any substance (except sweat preventers) which results in a sticky surface to the grip or hand, are not allowed.
Revolvers - If the revolver has single-action capability the single action trigger pull must not be less than 2.5 lbs. (1 135 g). A trigger stop is allowed.
Pistols - Trigger pull must not be less than 3 lbs (1 360 g) single action or those of double action capability only. A trigger stop is allowed.
5. Position: Standing, both hands may be used to hold or steady the firearm.
6. Ready position: Pistol held at waist height parallel to the ground, pointing to the targets. Firearm will be loaded, with a round in the chamber and hammer may be cocked.
7. Targets: HGW Sport Shooting Service Pistol B Full, 2 per Competitor.
8. Ammunition: 24 rounds of hand or factory loaded ammunition, to be supplied by the competitor.
9. Course of Fire (24 rounds)
Practice 1 25M 6 shots on the left target in 15 seconds.
Practice 2 20M 6 shots, 3 on each target in 10 seconds.
Practice 3 15M 6 shots on the right target. The target will make 3 appearances of 3 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds. 2 shots to be fired at each appearance. The pistol must be returned to the “ready” position between target exposures.
Practice 4 10M 6 shots, 3 on each target in 6 seconds.
10. Malfunctions: Other than defective targets, target mechanisms, range failures or range malfunctions, there are no allowances for malfunctions and no competitor will be allowed to re-fire because of a disabled pistol, a defective cartridge or any shooter or firearm related malfunction.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.