Police Pistol B
(called Police Pistol 1 “PP1” by the BDMP, who do not separate firearms and calibers used for this match and they, therefore, only have the 1 match, called PP1)
Revolvers - A revolver chambered to fire center-fire cartridges of .354 caliber or larger. No porting or compensators allowed. Barrel length not to exceed 6 inches.
Pistols - Center-fire semi-automatic pistols of .354 caliber or larger. No porting or compensators allowed. Barrel length not to exceed 6 inches (153 mm).
2. Sights: Any open metal sights from any manufacturer, in any colour. Rear sights may be fixed or adjustable and fixed open front sights may not extend beyond the front of the barrel of the revolver or the slide or the pistol. Orthoptics, hooded or telescope sights are not allowed.
3. Grips: Orthopedic and target type as well as weighted grips are not allowed. Grips may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitor’s hands or to facilitate loading. Finger groove and slip on grips are allowed. Thumb rest grips/stocks, tape on the grip or any substance (except sweat preventers) which results in a sticky surface to the grip or hand, are not allowed.
Revolvers - If the revolver has single-action capability, the single action trigger pull must not be less than 2.5 lbs. (1 135 g). A trigger stop is allowed.
Pistols - Trigger pull must not be less than 3 lbs (1 360 g) single action or those of double action capability only. A trigger stop is allowed.
5. Position: Standing, both hands may be used to hold or steady the firearm.
6. Ready position: Firearm held at 45 degrees, pointing at ground while targets are not facing. Firearm will be loaded, with a round in the chamber and hammer may be cocked.
7. Targets: HGW6 Sport Shooting PP1 Full, one per competitor.
8. Ammunition: 30 rounds of hand or factory loaded ammunition, to be supplied by the competitor.
9. Course of Fire:
Practice 1 25M 12 shots in 120 seconds (to include reloading of 6 rounds).
Practice 2 15M 12 shots in two strings of 6. The targets will make 6 appearances of 2 seconds, with intervals of 5 seconds. One shot to be fired at each appearance. Ready positionbetween target exposures must be 45 degrees or more below the line of sight.
Practice 3 10M 6 shots only. The targets will make 3 appearances of 2 seconds with intervals of 5 seconds. Six shots to be fired, 2 at every appearance. Ready position between target exposures must be 45 degrees or more below the line of sight.
10. Malfunctions: Other than defective targets, target mechanisms, range failures or range malfunctions, there are no allowances for malfunctions and no competitor will be allowed to re-fire because of a disabled pistol, a defective cartridge or any shooter or firearm related malfunction.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.